What’s better a Generation Two iPod or a Generation Seven iPod? Now I’m fortunate to have both of these devices. When I got my first Generation 2 iPod I thought it was fantastic, but recently after buying the latest Generation Seven version I realised what I’d been missing. I now had colour screen, four times the storage space, could play videos, it was much lighter, and with a longer battery life. The list of improvements goes on and on.
And it’s the same with Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology. Version One was great but Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology 2 is better.
On Tuesday 26th May 2009 Siemens PLM Software announced the next version of Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology that is scheduled to ship to customers this summer.
Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology 2 continues to build on the ground breaking and innovative Synchronous Technology that was first seen last year. We have been showcasing Synchronous Technology on this blog which is dedicated to revealing the secrets of this new design paradigm.
We will be revealing some of the Solid Edge with Synchrounous Technology 2 (SEST2) capabilities over the coming months but to get things started here are a few highlights that will help us improve our performance using Solid Edge:
- Synchronous Technology capabilities are extended into more areas of part and assembly modelling
- A brand new Synchronous Technology based sheet metal design environment is now available
- A brand new finite element analysis capability for design engineers based on Femap and the NX Nastran solver is built in
- A reinforced scalable data management solution embracing the latest Microsoft SharePoint platform for the built in Insight capability and improved integration with Teamcenter Express PLM
- Many other customer driven enhancements for both traditional modelling and Synchronous Technology
As I have said we will be showcasing some more of the Solid Edge ST 2 capabilities over the coming months as the product gets ready to release but for now here are a few taster videos.
A preview of the new live section capability that enables you to edit 3D models using automatically generated cross sections
A preview of some of the new Synchronous Technology sheet metal design tools
A preview of the new built in FEA tools – Solid Edge Simulation
A preview of some of the new Solid Edge Insight data management functionality based on Microsoft SharePoint V3 and MOSS 2007
Stay tuned for much more to come over the next few months……..