The Siemens PLM Connection annual user’s conference is currently underway in Dallas, Texas. The Solid Edge kick off presentation at this event provided some great information regarding what we are likely to see in the next major release – Solid Edge ST3.
The first impressions of Solid Edge ST3 are that it promises to be bigger and better than ever.
During the presentation, Dan Staples stated that over 2000 customer enhancement requests were satisfied in ST3. These are in the areas of drafting, part modelling, sheet metal, assembly, frame design, user interface, data management and architecture. It really looks like there is something for everyone.
Here are a few additional high level items courtesy of Mark Burhop’s post on the Siemens Blog.
- ST3 will make it easier for users to adopt Synchronous Technology in bite-size pieces.
- Solid Edge Simulation gets more load and constraint options.
- Insight will support Microsoft Office SharePoint 2010.
- The ST Command bar will return as a horizontal Smart Step Ribbon Bar (sounds like V20 Smart Step).
- As we know already the Command Ribbon interface will be fully customisable like Office 2010.
- New customisable Radial Menus will be available which also support mouse gestures.
- New transparent pathfinder which allows the assembly structure or feature tree to be visualised without obscuring the graphics behind it.
- Sheet Metal gets more options for defining corner conditions.
- New algorithms for weld bead creation.
- A new Configuration Manager to control Display Configurations which promises to be “phenomenal”.
More detailed information on Solid Edge ST3 coming soon.
Why not visit Solid Mastermind THE Community for Solid Edge Professionals.
For more information please take a look at the about page.